Total metals & mining industry deals for August 2019 worth $1.87bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 55.2% over the previous month and a drop of 67.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $5.74bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 10.7% over the last 12-month average with 100 deals against the average of 112 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $928.87m.
Metals & mining industry deals in August 2019: Top deals
The top five metals & mining deals accounted for 67.2% of the overall value during August 2019.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining deals stood at $1.26bn, against the overall value of $1.87bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of August 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Al Ezz Dekheila Steel’s $423.78m acquisition of Al Ezz Flat Steel
- The $299.47m acquisition of Stanmore Coal by Winfield Group Investments
- Jiangsu Fuda Enterprise InvestmentLimited’s $277m acquisition of Haicheng Haiming MiningLimited
- The $130.09m acquisition of Echo Resources by Northern Star Resources
- Al Ezz Dekheila Steel’s acquisition of Al Ezz Rolling Mills for $124.85m.