IronRidge Resources Limited, the African focussed minerals exploration company, is pleased to report that it has received high-grade aircore (“AC”) drilling results for its Bianouan gold license in Côte d’Ivoire, which borders with Ghana and is along the same strike from significant operating gold mines including Chirano (5Moz), Bibiani (5.5Moz) and Ahafo (17Moz). In addition, the Company provides an update on its wider exploration activities across its gold portfolio in Côte d’Ivoire, West Africa.
- High-grade AC drilling results received from the Bianouan license at a 0.15g/t gold cut-off with maximum 2m of internal dilution, including:
- 12m @ 5.87g/t gold from 10m, including 2m @ 33.8g/t gold
- 8m @ 1.29g/t gold from 8m, including 2m @ 3.17g/t gold
- 1m @ 3.13g/t Au from 32m at end of hole
- Airborne magnetics geophysical survey completed over the Zaranou gold license in the south-east of the Country adjacent the border with Ghana
- Zaranou drone survey resumed and generating high-resolution digital terrain model and imagery to assist in targeting and drill planning
- 3,000 hole auger geochemical drilling programme commenced over high-priority geophysical anomalies within the Vavoua gold portfolio in the central-west of the Country and along strike from the 1.73Moz (JORC compliant, third party owned) and growing Abujar resource; 463m for 90 holes drilled to date
Regional geochemical soil sampling programme commenced over the Kineta west license area in the north-east of the Country; along the same structure that hosts Centamin Plc’s 3.3Moz Konkera resource and Azumah Resources Limited’s 2.1Moz Wa-Lawra resource; sampling and mapping ongoing
Commenting on the Company’s latest progress, Len Kolff, Chief Operating Officer of IronRidge, said:
“We are pleased to be advancing our extensive gold portfolio in Côte d’Ivoire on multiple fronts, with drilling, regional geophysical and regional geochemical surveys ongoing concurrently.
“We have intersected high-grade air-core AC drilling results at the Bianouan license, including 12m @ 5.87g/t (including 2m @ 33.8g/t gold) and 8m @ 1.29g/t gold. We are now reviewing these positive results from Bianouan to implement an updated exploration plan for 2019/2020.
“We have completed an airborne magnetics survey over the Zaranou license which will form an integral exploration data set for ongoing geological and structural interpretation and further drill targeting.
“The in-house drone survey over Zaranou is delivering exciting imagery of hard-rock artisanal workings and likely drill targets; high-resolution digital elevation models and imagery will be used for structural interpretation, targeting and environmental and social baseline monitoring in due course.
“Field teams are currently completing a regional auger drilling programme at the Vavoua licenses and a regional soil sampling programme at the Kineta license and we will update the market on the progress and results of these programmes in due course.”