Total metals & mining industry M&A deals in Q3 2020 worth $444.85m were announced in Australia, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 49% over the previous quarter and a drop of 68.4% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $1.41bn.
Australia held a 6.2% share of the global metals & mining industry M&A deal value that totalled $7.21bn in Q3 2020.
In terms of deal activity, Australia recorded 108 deals during Q3 2020, marking a rise of 33.3% over the previous quarter and a rise of 74.2% over the last four-quarter average.
Australia metals & mining industry M&A deals in Q3 2020: Top deals
The top five metals & mining industry M&A deals accounted for 75.4% of the overall value during Q3 2020.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining M&A deals stood at $335.35m, against the overall value of $444.85m recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of Q3 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Nord Gold’s $247.16m acquisition of Cardinal Resources
- The $42.91m acquisition of Millennium Minerals by Novo Resources
- Auris Minerals’ $16.49m acquisition of Sams Creek Gold
- The $14.58m asset transaction with Novo Resources by Calidus Resources
- Calidus Resources’ asset transaction with Novo Resources for $14.21m.