No pit is deeper than the Copper Mine Bingham Canyon Mine, also known as the Kennecott Copper Mine,...
Ariana Resources announces exploration and development update for its projects in Turkey
Ariana Resources plc, the exploration and development company with gold mining operations in Turkey, is pleased to announce a positive update on its exploration and development activities at its projects within Turkey.
- Successful completion of 746m of infill resource diamond-drilling at the Company’s 100% owned Kizilcukur Project.
- Construction of new haul road and plans for 2019 trial mining well underway at Kizilcukur.
- Resource infill, geotechnical and hydrological diamond-drilling scheduled to commence at the Tavsan Project next week.
- 2,000m Reverse Circulation (“RC”) drilling due to commence in May 2019 at the Company’s 100% owned Salinbas Project in eastern Turkey.
- Forestry permits for 10,000m drilling programme at Salinbas are close to being finalised.
Dr. Kerim Sener, Managing Director, commented:
“We are very pleased with the current pace of progress across our exploration project areas. Our field team is currently active across all of our sites simultaneously; the highest level of exploration and development activity undertaken in the history of the Company. In western Turkey, project development work is continuing at the Kizilcukur, Ivrindi and Tavsan sites which are located in close proximity to our flagship Kiziltepe gold mine. Furthermore, additional resource-focused work is being directed towards extending the life of mine at Kiziltepe. In eastern Turkey, work at Salinbas, our large gold and base-metal deposit with over 1Moz of gold already defined, has started early in the field season in order to ensure we are in a position to commence a 2,000m RC drilling programme during May 2019.
“We look forward to providing further project updates in due course and as results become available.”