No pit is deeper than the Copper Mine Bingham Canyon Mine, also known as the Kennecott Copper Mine,...
Ariana Resources announces update at 100% owned Kizilcukur project
Ariana Resources, the exploration and development company with gold mining operations in Turkey, announces a development update for the Company’s 100% owned Kizilcukur Project.
Kizilcukur is located outside of the Red Rabbit Joint Venture with Proccea Construction Co. and is 100% owned by Ariana.
The project lies 22km to the northeast of the producing Kiziltepe Mine – part of the Company’s JV.
- Bulk sample obtained from the Kizilcukur vein returned c. 20 tonnes at 4.22 g/t gold + 284 g/t silver.
- Approximately 2,800 tonnes of mineralised material currently stockpiled on site, with potential to double with limited additional trial mining in 2019.
- Planning underway to truck 300 tonnes of this material grading 4.30 g/t gold + 239 g/t Ag to the Kiziltepe plant site for bulk processing during summer 2019.
- Company will expand its operations at Kizilcukur and truck remaining 2,500 tonnes of ore to Kiziltepe if processing of the first batch of 300 tonnes is successful.
- Drilling at Kizilcukur has been continuing despite adverse winter weather conditions.
- Dr. Kerim Sener, Managing Director, commented:
“These bulk sampling results demonstrate that the Kizilcukur deposit has the capacity to act as a source of high-grade satellite feed to the Kiziltepe processing plant. We are encouraged by the results of this recent work and the current drilling programme will add confidence to the resource estimate for the Zeki Pit as part of our feasibility work programme. We are planning to truck a 300 tonne batch of ore to Kiziltepe for test processing during the summer, in order to assess the merits of potentially expanding our operations at Kizilcukur.”