International news within the industry of mining and metal, Jan, 18 2019
Latest News

Canadian miner sells Argentinian gold project

Photo: Yamana
Photo: Yamana
Published by
Jaroslaw Adamowski - 30 Oct 2018

Canadian miner Yamana Gold has announced the sale of its 100% stake in the Gualcamayo mine in Argentinas San Juan Province to Mineros S.A.

 

Under the agreement, Yamana will obtain $30 million in cash, payable at closing, a further $30 million in cash upon the declaration of commercial production of the Deep Carbonates project, a 2% net smelter return royalty at the Argentinian mine on metal produced after the initial 396,000 oz, capped at $50 million, and an uncapped 1.5% NSR on the Deep Carbonates project, the miner said in a statement.

 

In a separate deal, Yamana "has agreed to grant Mineros an option to acquire up to a 51% interest in the La Pepa project, located in the Maricunga gold belt, Chile, over an earn in period of four years (subject to extension for certain unexpected contingencies), and then the remaining 49% interest pursuant to a call option (the Option Agreement)," the statement said.

Since the completion of the first test shipments in July 2018, Rio Tinto increased the number of autonomous tours along the Groups iron ore lines in Western Australia in a controlled manner. Now, Rio Tintos trains have travelled over one million kilometres completely autonomously. Photo credit: Rio Tinto company
Since the completion of the first test shipments in July 2018, Rio Tinto increased the number of autonomous tours along the Groups iron ore lines in Western Australia in a controlled manner. Now, Rio Tintos trains have travelled over one million kilometres completely autonomously. Photo credit: Rio Tinto company

The world's first mining-related railway network for autonomous trains was opened

"improves productivity"

The mining company Rio Tinto's AutoHaul ™ program, which is expected to cost $ 940 million, is...